Water is literally the best thing for us – aside from food. Our bodies are made up of 70% water, our brains are 90% water, and our blood and cells are also made up of water. With all this water inside our bodies it’s no wonder that it’s so beneficial for us.
Here are 10 reasons why water is the best thing for our body!
- It helps our skin stay youthful. When we’re dehydrated our skin looks more wrinkled and dry. Drinking water helps this.
- It help regulate our bowl movements. I don’t think I need to elaborate more with this one!
- It boosts our immune system. Drinking plenty of water helps prevent the flu, colds, and even cancer.
- It increases our energy levels. Because our brain is mainly water, this helps us stay focused and concentrate better. Drinking a glass of water as soon as you wake up in the morning will do more for your energy than a coffee will.
- Helps our mood. Water helps us stay refreshed and hydrated – this improves our state of mind.
- Water helps with headaches. If you constantly suffer from headaches it’s probably due to dehydration – which means you should be drinking more water! It also helps relieve headaches as you’re suffering from one.
- It helps our kidneys. Drinking water flushes out toxins, getting rid of waste through sweat and peeing.
- Drinking water helps with weight loss. It increases the rate in which our bodies burn fat, and helps breakdown fatty cells.
- Helps bad breath. Drinking water helps keep your mouth moist and flushes away food specks and bacteria.
- Water regulates body temperature. It cools you down and stops you from overheating. This is especially helpful when exercising or on hot days.
Images via jillianwrightskincare.com, aquaidwatercoolers.co.uk, and popsugar.com