Our hair gets put through the wringer on a weekly basis. Excessive heat styling from hair driers, straighteners, and curlers, not to mention dying and the changing weather can play a huge toll on your hair. If your hair is in need of a little extra hydrating boost or a long time treatment then I’ve got the best solution for you!
It’s simple, easy, and the ingredients can be found in your kitchen.
Things you’ll need:
- Start off by pouring a small amount of olive oil into a small bowl. I use ½ a cup, but this can vary depending on your hair length. Don’t use too much because a little goes a long way.
- Microwave the olive oil for 30 seconds or until warm.
- Once the oil is warm enough, add in the egg and whisk until the two have combined.
- This part can get a little messy so you might want to do this over a sink. Pour the mixture onto your hair and massage through. Leave it in for 20-30 minutes, the longer the better for dry hair.
- Rinse out, shampoo and condition as normal.
If your hair is very damaged I’d recommend doing this once every 7-10 days. If you’re only looking for a boost of moisture and shine, once a month is perfect.
If you’re grossed out by the smell of the egg or having egg in your hair, simply doing the plain olive oil mask will still do the trick – but adding egg in your hair has a lot of benefits. Egg is full of vitamins, proteins, and good fatty acids that your hair will absorb. It leaves your hair feeling extra soft and smooth, and can even help with hair growth. Once I started adding egg into this recipe I noticed a difference major in my hair (my hair is full of peroxide and I straighten it almost every day so it’s super damaged).
Images via theeverygirl.com, nutriadviser.com