Cushnie et Ochs designers, Carly Cushnie and Michelle Ochs, were inspired by one of the most famous female rulers in history, Cleopatra, in the desert sunset for their Spring/Summer 2015 collection at NYFW. Antonio Corral Calero, Moroccanoil global creative director was tasked with creating the hairstyles that epitomised the look.
Antonio was inspired by the powerful sexiness synonymous with Cleopatra as well as ancient Egyptian mythology. The sleek ponytail, featured a double elastic creating a shape reminiscent of the scarab beetle—an Egyptian amulet.
- Apply Moroccanoil Treatment to damp hair to condition and hydrate strands for easier styling.
- Next, spritz Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection and Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine throughout the entire head to help achieve maximum hold and control with added heat protection.
- Blow dry hair smooth using Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush and finish with a spray of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray.
- Pull hair into tight ponytail at the crown using Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Paddle Brush and secure with bungee elastic.
- Next, take 1” section of ponytail and spray with Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection for long-lasting hold. Wrap hair around the elastic and secure.
- Using Moroccanoil’s Titanium Ceramic Hair Styling Iron straighten the ponytail in 1” sections for a super-straight, sleek style.
- With second elastic, secure hair 11/2” from base. Gently loosen section between elastics to create voluminous, “puffed” element of sophistication at the top of the ponytail. Pin elastic to hair underneath.
- Finish with spritz of Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine for a luminous, sleek finish and Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray for long-lasting hold.